Navratra Special Sago vadas
My Navratra fasting is fun with each day it makes me explore a new taste and makes it a lioteral feast… .A new recipe gives such a soul satisfaction and being a foodie its like a mission accomplished !!
My today’s delicacy for Navratra Fast is Sabudana(Sago) Vadas served with whipped curd and topped with mint and dates chutney!!
Prepration Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Equipments Non stick pan
Sago pearls 1 cup
Potatoes Boiled 2 large
Green chillies 2-3
Cumin roasted 1 TSp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Rock salt (saindha namak) to taste
Chilled curd whipped 1 Cup
Pomegranate seeds 1/2 cup
Coriander chopped 1tbsp
- Soak Sago pearls in water for about two hours. Sqeeze and keep aside.
- Grate boiled and peeled potato and mix to sago pearls.
- Add chillies (finely chopped), cumin, red chilli powder, and salt.
- Mix well and make small lemon size vadas and flatten them.
- Heat a non stick pan, and shallow fry the vadas, till golden brown.
- Whip some thick curd.
- Serve the vadas topped with curd, green chutney, and dates chutney.
- Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder, garnish with pomegranate and chopped coriander.